IntroductionThe contribution of Computer Science and Applied Mathematics to modern business practice is becoming more important as there are so many related fields such as process and system engineering, quality control, actuaries, product design/model planning, prediction, management and living environment, all of which use the most sophisticated electronics technology, mathematics and computer software. The combination of two study programs into one study program is intended to maximize the capabilities of the students to solve problems in these many related fields. To give working experience for student, we provide the facilities to practice in industry for 1 semester in national and international companies besides 4.5 years they study in campus. We facilitate student to job training at industry, research with industry and entrepreneurship program. Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catalog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF)
VisionA world class department in Computational Mathematics based on ICT.
MissionThe mission of Computer Science and Mathematics Program is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by :
- Educating students with fundamental knowledge & skills to apply Computational Mathematics using ICT in developing innovative algorithm and software for a career as an applied mathematician or system analyst
- Providing solid learning experience through creating the most creative and value-added talents of leaders for global community as well as conducting professional services to improve the quality of life.
- Providing high impact research that positively contributing to the quality of life of Indonesians and the international community
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- To provide students with a solid knowledge ranging from Fundamental Mathematics and Computer Science to Computational Mathematics and Computing Technology
- To provide students with knowledge and abilities in conducting mathematical analysis and modeling to solve problem in related fields to be successful applied mathematics career.
- To prepare students with necessary techniques & skills in developing innovative algorithm and software to be excellence system analyst
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to create software application design with the implementation of database system principal design to solve structured and semi-structured data.
- Able to design software application solution based on problem analysis which can be solved with structured approach in informatics area.
- Able to assess information technology trend and communication to deliver alternative solution of software development.
- Able to explore, logical reasoning, generalization abstraction, and formal proof in formulating and model problems with specific variables and assumptions through mathematical approach with or without mathematical software.
- Able to construct, modify, analyze mathematical models of a system/problems, assess accuracy of the models and make conclusions
- Able to analyze various alternative mathematical models that are available and present the conclusions of analysis independently or in groups for making decision.
- Able to create software by implementing mathematical models.
Prospective Career of the GraduatesThe graduates of the double study program Mathematics and Computer Science could follow careers in :
- Information Technology area (software and game developer, IT consultant)
- Computer (network specialist, computer simulation specialist)
- Industry (educator, quantitative product planner, optimization analyst)
- Business (quantitative credit analyst, business analyst)
- Management (DSS manager, actuary)
Course Structure for Binusian 2020
Prerequisites for Binusian 2020There is no prerequisite for this program
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2020Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No||Code||Course Name||Minimum Grade|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||B|
|3||COMP6047||Algorithm and Programming*||C|
|9||MATH6068||Partial Differential Equations||C|
|11||MATH6092||Numerical Methods II*||C|
|12||MATH6095||Applied Mathematics Modeling*||C|
Last updated :