IntroductionAlong with technological growth of computer at present, statistical technique becomes a tool which is widely used by many people to finish the problems better, such as problems in management area, research, business, marketing, quality operation, best quality, forecast, risk analysis of consumer satisfaction, environment and others make the contribution of computer science and statistics is progressively growing important. The combination of two study majors into one program is designed to maximize the learning opportunities for the student who chooses the double majors. To give working experience for student, we provide the facilities to practice in industry for 1 semester in national and international companies besides 4.5 years they study in campus. We facilitate student to job training at industry, research with industry and entrepreneurship program. Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catalog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF), Catalog 2017 (PDF)
VisionA world class department in Computational Statistics based on ICT.
MissionThe mission of Statistics and Computer Science Program is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Educating students with fundamental knowledge & skills to apply Computational Statistics using ICT in acquiring business information for a career as a market researcher or business analyst;
- Providing solid learning experience through creating the most creative and value-added talents of leaders for global community as well as conducting professional services to improve the quality of life;
- Providing high impact research that positively contributing to the quality of life in Indonesia and the international community.
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- To provide students with a solid knowledge ranging from Fundamental Statistics and Computer Science to Computational Statistics and Database Technology;
- To provide students with abilities conduct statistical analysis and marketing research to solve problem in related fields to be successful market researcher;
- To prepare students with necessary skills in developing database and be expert in data mining to be excellence business analyst.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to create software application design with the implementation of database system principal design to solve structured and semi-structured data;
- Able to design software application solution based on problem analysis which can be solved with structured approach in informatics area;
- Able to assess technology trend in informatics area to deliver alternative solution of software development;
- Able to perform the experimental design, collection and generate data (in survey, experiments or simulations), organizing data, analyzing data using statistical techniques, and valid conclusion by using at least one statistical software;
- Able to resolve the problem assessment (estimation), testing hypothesis, prediction, and forecasting on several fronts, using data and statistical methodologies (methods and models) and presenting it in a form that easily understood by the description of the user;
- Able to analyze some alternatives solution in statistical field to solve the problems and able to present the conclusions analysis in order to make the right decision;
- Able to implement statistical models into software solutions needed.
Prospective Career of the GraduatesThe graduates of the double study program Statistics And Computer Science are able to follow careers in:
- Business (market researcher, forecasting analyst).
- Management (business analyst, evaluator of company performance).
- Information Technology area (database designer, system analyst).
- Industry (data scientist, decision making analyst, quality control analyst).
- Finance and Accounting (risk analyst, profit growth analyst).
Course Structure for Binusian 2021
Prerequisites for Binusian 2021There is no prerequisite for this program
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2021Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No||Code||Course Name||Minimum Grade|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||B|
|3||COMP6047||Algorithm and Programming*||C|
|5||STAT6026||Probability and Statistics||C|
|7||COMP6056||Program Design Methods*||C|
|8||STAT6020||Statistical Theory II*||C|
|14||STAT6115||Statistical Quality Control||C|
Last updated :