IntroductionMobile technology is a growing trend technology that provide the infrastructure and technology for all businesses to ride on. With mobile technology, the future is borderless. Mobile Application & Technology (MAT) program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills in mobile computing, communications and entrepreneurships. The aims of Mobile Application & Technology program to provide students with an understanding of mobile/wireless technologies, how these technologies are utilized and integrated to meet specific business needs. The course builds a solid foundation of software development skills and introduces the specific skills needed for developing mobile/wireless applications. Students will also gain the necessary understanding of current technologies and architectures that provide the network and communications infrastructure for mobile enabled enterprise computer systems, planning, management and how to build a mobile enterprise. Students will also develop skills in the design of modern distributed software systems, using appropriate technologies, architectures and techniques, and in the advanced network technologies supporting the upper layers, together with their planning, management and security. The structure of the course allows students to gain valuable practical experience in building software systems, and also apply knowledge in mobile game creative design. The MAT program was found in September 2011, under BINUS UNIVERSITY, it became one of the programs under the coordination of School of Computer Science. Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catalog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF)
VisionA program of choice in Mobile Application and Technology, which specializes in developing creative mobile software solutions for businesses, is recognized internationally, champions innovation and delivers graduates with international qualifications.
MissionThe mission of Mobile Application and Technology Program to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by :
- Educating student in the fundamental skills, knowledge, and practice of recent mobile technologies and architectures, wireless technologies, mobile software development, and game design.
- Conducting research and providing mobile application and technology professional services with an emphasis on the application of knowledge for society’s development.
- Sharing the application of knowledge related to mobile application & technology with a view to Indonesians' and the international community quality of life.
- Influencing students & lecturers to be creative, value-adding and competitive at an international level in mobile application & technology, by creating a suitable environment.
- Preparing students as smart and skilled mobile application & technology professionals, leaders, and entrepreneurs in the global market and/ or to continue in related disciplines.
Program objectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- To provide students with a solid foundation in computer science knowledge, and especially mathematical, algorithm principles, that are needed for mobile software solutions.
- To provide students with skills to apply design and development principles in the construction of recent mobile technologies, such as architectures, wireless technologies, mobile software development, and game design.
- To prepare students with abilities to keep up-to-date with the latest Mobile Application and Technology trends.
- To prepare students with abilities in problem solving, good communication skills and ethics to be able to work as an individual or in a team in an IT environment.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to create software application design with the implementation of database system principal design to solve structured and semi-structured data.
- Able to design software application solution based on problem analysis which can be solved with structured approach in informatics area.
- Able to assess information and communication technology trend to deliver alternative solution of software development.
- Able to develop a strategy and design for mobile solution development.
- Able to study the trend of mobile technology in the future.
- Able to create solution by applying technology and current mobile application.
Prospective Career of the GraduatesAfter finishing the program, the graduate of Mobile Application & Technology Program could follow a career as:
- Mobile Software Engineer/Developer
- Mobile Games Designer & Mobile Games Developer
- Mobile Business Application Developer.
- Mobile User Experience Designers
- Mobile User Interface Architect
- Information Analyst in Decentralized Businesses.
- IT Support/Consultant
Course Structure for Binusian 2020
|Track||Semester 6||Semester 7|
Prerequisite for Binusian 2020There is no prerequisite for this program
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2020Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No.||Code||Course Name||Minimum Grade|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||
|3||COMP6047||Algorithm and Programming*||
|5||COMP6056||Program Design Methods||
|7||MOBI6002||Mobile Object Oriented Programming*||
|8||MOBI6008||Mobile Game Creative Design*||
Last updated :