Vision & Mission
Expected Learning Outcomes
Prospective Career of The Graduate
Quality Controlled Examination (UPM)
As the world has entered the era of big data, the need for processing big data is required. The use of Big Data will become the basis of competition and growth for industry and business. Data Science is the secret recipe here. Data Science is a blend of various technology tools, statistics, and machine learning with the goal of discovering hidden patterns from the raw data. It can enhance productivity and create significant value for the world economy by increasing the quality of products and services and reducing waste. The students will solve complex data problems with their strong Data Science expertise. They will use the latest technologies in finding solutions and reaching conclusions. The program can be completed within 3.5-4 years. Furthermore, to provide one-year work experience for students, there are industrial internships, interesting research, or entrepreneurship programs.
VisionA world class study program by providing excellent educational experiences in Computer Science, which focuses on developing creative technology solutions, fostering and empowering the society in building and serving the nation.
Source : BINUS UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL CURRICULUM SITE
MissionThe mission of Computer Science Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Educating students to effectively apply their educational experiences in developing creative solutions in computer science, to solve real-world problems.
- Preparing graduates to develop exemplary soft skills & technical skills required as computer science professionals, leaders, and entrepreneurs in global market.
- Promoting high impact computer science research that contributes to the nation.
- Fostering BINUSIAN as computer science lifelong learners through self-enrichment.
- Empowering BINUSIAN to continuously improve society’s quality of life through knowledge in computer science.
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- Graduates will become successful professionals in ICT fields;
- Graduates will obtain employment in global companies or become entrepreneurs;
- Graduates will obtain professional certification or continue their study to the postgraduate.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions;
- Able to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of computer science;
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts;
- Able to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles;
- Able to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to computer science;
- Able to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
The graduates of Data Science program can follow careers in:
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Data Visualizer
- Database Administrator
- Machine Learning Scientist
Course Structure for Binusian 2025
|1||CHAR6013001||Character Building: Pancasila||2||20|
|COMP6047001||Algorithm and Programming**||4/2|
|DTSC6001001||Introduction to Data Science**||2|
|COMP6798001||Program Design Methods*||2|
|2||CHAR6014001||Character Building: Kewarganegaraan||2||20|
|DTSC6005001||Data Mining and Visualization*&**||2/1|
|3||CHAR6015001||Character Building: Agama||2||21|
|DTSC6002001||Data Management and Organization*||2|
|English University Courses|
|ENGL6131001||English for Written Business Communication||2|
|4||COMP6049001||Algorithm Design and Analysis*||4||21|
|DTSC6009001||Survey and Sampling Methods||4|
|COMP6800001||Human and Computer Interaction**||2/1|
|DTSC6003001||Big Data Infrastructure and Technology*||2|
|5||ENTR6511001||Entrepreneurship: Market Validation||2||18|
|COMP6696001||Research Methodology in Computer Science*||2|
|COMP6100001||Software Engineering **||4|
|6||Enrichment Program I||20||20|
|7||Enrichment Program II||20||20|
|TOTAL CREDITS 146 Credits|
*) This course is delivered in English
**) Global Learning System Course
English University Courses:
-) For English University Courses, students with Binus University English Proficiency Test scores less than 500 will take English Savvy, and students with test scores greater than or equal to 500 will take English for Written Business Communication.
-) Students must pass English Savvy with a minimum Grade of C.
Pre-thesis (2 SCU) & Thesis (4 SCU) can be taken in the 6th and/or 7th semester by the students who meet the requirements from the Study Program/Program
Enrichment Program I (6th Semester) & Enrichment Program II (7th Semester):
-) Student will take one of enrichment program tracks (off campus). See enrichment appendix for the tracks detail.
Enrichment Track Scheme
|Track||Semester 6||Semester 7|
IN : Certified Internship
RS : Certified Research
EN : Certified Entrepreneurship
CD : Certified Community Development
SA : Certified Study Abroad
IS : Certified Specific Independent Study
FS : Further Study
etc : Study Program Special Purposes
Student will take one of enrichment program tracks
Students who failed in Enrichment Program I can retake with the same track or change into another track. As for Enrichment Program II, student who failed with Certified Internship, Certified Research, Certified Community Development, and Certified Study Abroad track on Enrichment Program II, can retake with the same track or change into another track. However students who take Certified Entrepreneurship track on Enrichment Program II, should retake with another track.
Prerequisites for Binusian 2025There is no prerequisite for this program
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2025Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No.||Course Code||Course Name||Minimal Grade|
|1.||CHAR6013001||Character Building: Pancasila||B|
|2.||ENTR6511001||Entrepreneurship: Market Validation||C|
|3.||COMP6047001||Algorithm and Programming*||C|
|5.||COMP6798001||Program Design Methods*||C|
Last updated :