Game Application and Technology
Vision & Mission
Expected Learning Outcomes
Prospective Career of The Graduate
Quality Controlled Examination (UPM)
Computer, mobile, and console games represent a multi-billion dollars global industry. Game Application and Technology (GAT) Program offers dedicated degrees in game development giving students the technical expertise they need to enter the industry confidently.
GAT Program is designed specifically by Computer Science of BINUS UNIVERSITY to provide students with knowledge and skills to develop and create a variety of applied technology in the field of game technology. BINUS UNIVERSITY found this Program in September 2012, and it became one of the best programs under the coordination of School of Computer Science. In collaboration with several renowned game industries, GAT Program always makes continuous improvement in our curriculum, human resources, and facilities. The GAT Laboratory, equipped with high specification computers and dedicated audio editing studio, will facilitate the students and lecturers to collaborate and deliver high-quality games.
GAT Program is designed to adapt the dynamically changing creative industries landscape while ensuring a solid academic foundation and aligned to industry expectations. GAT focuses on game art, game design, and game programming. Derived from Computer Science Study Program, GAT Program offers game programming and development blended with creativity and innovation in Game Technology. The program will not only focus on the game development for entertainment tools, but also for other purposes (e.g. serious games for learning and training, and gamification tool to a non-game application to enhance its user’s motivations and engagements). The structure of the course allows students to gain valuable practical experience in building software systems, and also apply knowledge in creative game design. GAT Program has a strong base in computer science foundation subjects as well as offering the theoretical and critical thinking behind current digital technologies. Students will learn in a project-orientated environment that encourages collaboration with industries. This collaboration helps them discover creative solutions to contemporary design challenges. Students are encouraged to collaborate, work according to deadlines, maintain attendance levels and develop strong communication skills. As a result, graduates are internationally renowned for their expertise and confident to enter the workplace as newly skilled professionals rather than technicians.
VisionA world class study program by providing excellent educational experiences in Computer Science, which focuses on developing creative technology solutions, fostering and empowering the society in building and serving the nation.
Source : BINUS UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL CURRICULUM SITE
MissionThe mission of Computer Science Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Educating students to effectively apply their educational experiences in developing creative solutions in computer science, to solve real-world problems.
- Preparing graduates to develop exemplary soft skills & technical skills required as computer science professionals, leaders, and entrepreneurs in global market.
- Promoting high impact computer science research that contributes to the nation.
- Fostering BINUSIAN as computer science lifelong learners through self-enrichment.
- Empowering BINUSIAN to continuously improve society’s quality of life through knowledge in computer science.
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- Graduates will become successful professionals in ICT fields;
- Graduates will obtain employment in global companies or become entrepreneurs;
- Graduates will obtain professional certification or continue their study to the postgraduate.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions;
- Able to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of computer science;
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts;
- Able to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles;
- Able to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to computer science;
- Able to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
After finishing the Program, the graduate of Game Application and Technology Program is able to follow a career in:
1. Game Engineer / Developer
2. Game Designer
3. Game Artist / Technical Artist
4. Game Audio Engineer
5. Game Director / Chief Technology Officer
6. Game Content Provider
7. Gamification & Serious Games Designer
8. Game Consultant
9. Game Publisher
Course Structure for Binusian 2025
|1||CHAR6013001||Character Building: Pancasila||2||20|
|COMP6047001||Algorithm and Programming**||4/2|
|GAME6081001||2D Game Art||2|
|2||CHAR6014001||Character Building: Kewarganegaraan||2||20|
|COMP6232001||Human and Computer Interaction**||2/1|
|3||CHAR6015001||Character Building: Agama||2||21|
|COMP6049001||Algorithm Design and Analysis*||4|
|GAME6085001||Object Oriented Game Programming*&**||2|
|COMP6798001||Program Design Methods*||2|
|English University Courses|
|ENGL6131001||English for Written Business Communication||2|
|5||COMP6696001||Research Methodology in Computer Science*||2||18|
|ENTR6511001||Entrepreneurship: Market Validation||2|
|GAME6091001||Advanced Game Development||2|
|GAME6084001||Game Development Capstone Project*&**||4|
|GAME6071001||3D Modeling for Games*&**||2|
|GAME6092001||Fundamental in Game Balancing||2|
|6||Enrichment Program I||20||20|
|7||Enrichment Program II||20||20|
|Total Credits 146 SCU|
*) This course is delivered in English
**) Global Learning System Course
English University Courses:
-) For English University Courses, students with Binus University English Proficiency Test scores less than 500 will take English Savvy, and students with test scores greater than or equal to 500 will take English for Written Business Communication.
-) Students must pass English Savvy with a minimum Grade of C.
Pre-thesis (2 SCU) & Thesis (4 SCU) can be taken in the 6th and/or 7th semester by the students who meet the requirements from the Study Program/Program
Enrichment Program I (6th Semester) & Enrichment Program II (7th Semester):
-) Student will take one of enrichment program tracks (off campus). See enrichment appendix for the tracks detail.
Enrichment Track Scheme
|Track||Semester 6||Semester 7|
IN : Certified Internship
RS : Certified Research
EN : Certified Entrepreneurship
CD : Certified Community Development
SA : Certified Study Abroad
IS : Certified Specific Independent Study
FS : Further Study
etc : Study Program Special Purposes
Student will take one of enrichment program tracks
Students who failed in Enrichment Program I can retake with the same track or change into another track. As for Enrichment Program II, student who failed with Certified Internship, Certified Research, Certified Community Development, and Certified Study Abroad track on Enrichment Program II, can retake with the same track or change into another track. However students who take Certified Entrepreneurship track on Enrichment Program II, should retake with another track.
Prerequisites for Binusian 2025There is no prerequisite for this program
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2025Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No.||Course Code||Course Name||Minimal Grade|
|1.||CHAR6013001||Character Building: Pancasila||B|
|2.||ENTR6511001||Entrepreneurship: Market Validation||C|
|3.||COMP6047001||Algorithm and Programming*||C|
|5.||COMP6798001||Program Design Methods*||C|
Last updated :