Cocos2d-x Introduction and Configuration
- First thing first, the applications needed to be prepared are:
- Visual Studio 2013
- Cocos2d-x (http://www.cocos2d-x.org/download/)
- Python-2.7 (https://www.python.org/downloads/)
*Visual Studio and Python-2.7 can be installed as usual while Cocos2d-x only need to be extracted.
- Next, navigate to the folder where Cocos2d-x extracted and copy it in the command prompt using this command: cocos new -p [package name] -l cpp -d [directory] [project name]
- Open vcxproj file inside the project directory. In this example the path of vcxproj file is in S:\Cocos\Cocos01\proj.win32. The project loaded in Visual Studio will appeared like the picture below.
- Rebuild the project by right-click on the solution and choose “build solution”. The process may take a while. After the build process has finished, you may debug it and the result should be like this:
At this point, you have finished installing Cocos2d-x and run it using Visual Studio. In the next session, there will be discussions about basic programming using Cocos2d-x in Visual Studio.
Published at : Updated