About Game Application and Technology
Game Application and Technology program is designed specifically by Computer Science, BINUS University to provide students with knowledge and expertise to develop and create a variety of applied technology in the field of game technology. Game Application and Technology focuses about game art, game design, and game programming. The structure of the course allows students to gain valuable practical experience in building software systems, and also apply knowledge in game creative design. The GAT program will found in September 2012, under BINUS UNIVERSITY, it became one of the programs under the coordination of School of Computer Science.
After finishing the program, the graduate of Game Application and Technology Program could follow a career as:
- Game Engineer
- Game Developer
- Game Artist
- Game Designer
- Game Director
- Game Content Provider
- Game Consultant
- Academician in multimedia and games (Lecturer, Trainer, Researcher)
Become a study program of choice in Computer Science, focus in creative software solutions for business and industry, recognized internationally, championing innovation and produce graduates with international qualification
The mission of Game Application and Technology Program is to contribute to the global community through the provision of worldclass education by :
- To promote students & lecturers to be creative and value-addings talents in computer science specialized in game application and technology by creating suitable environment
- To educate students fundamental to advance knowledge, skill and practice in software development specialized in database technology, intelligence system, networking or multimedia and game development by providing an excellent learning environment and promoting research and collaboration with global industry
- To prepare students to become smart and good ICT professionals, entrepreneurs, leaders in global community and pursuing for further studies
- To provide IT professional services with emphasis in application of knowledge to society
- To improve quality of life of Indonesian and international community by promoting and sharing the required ICT application and related knowledge
The present curriculum used in the Game Application & Technology program has been developed in line with the National Curriculum. Also, the local content has been developed in line with the Computer Science Curriculum standard of ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), several local and foreign universities, game technologies and market trends, so that the graduates of the Game Application & Technology program are expected to be able to face competition at both a national and international level.Generally, the subjects of the curriculum are divided into these following groups of subjects:
Mathematics Group (Science)
The objective of this group is to provide an understanding of mathematics as one of the principal foundations in computer science. Another objective is to give an understanding of scientific methodology (data collection, hypothesis, research, analysis) in problem solving.
Character Building Group (Professional Practices)
The objective of this group is to develop the personal strengths of the student and to provide him or her with a professional character, professionalism in their field, management skills, oral and written communication skills, understanding of business ethic, ability to work as a team, and to develop a “Binusian” Character.
The objective of this group is to provide grounding in Game Application Technology program through practice as well as applied theory which are required by business both now and in the future. The subjects that are included in this group are programming, algorithm design and analysis, software engineering, databases, computer graphs, multimedia, computer and human interaction, operation system, Game Art, Game Programming, and Game Design.
The Field of GAT Subject
The objective of builds the field of subject in Game Application Technology is to give the students a solid foundation of software development skills and to introduce the specific skills needed for developing game applications. The students are expected to develop their skills and master the techniques which will allow them to conduct research for both their thesis and/or to continue their studies.
The field of GAT subjects :
- Game Art : to explore the various methodologies and techniques of game art.
- Game Design : to explore the various methodologies and techniques of game story design, game play design, human and computer interaction design.
- Game Programming : to explore the various techniques of game programming.
All students of GAT program must follow these three fields to become Game Application Technology graduates. The objective of these three fields is to provide the students with the knowledge and skills required by business & industry and who wants to develop the own game company. Although it is distributed across 8 semesters, in fact, it is possible for the students to finish their studies before the eighth semester.
Last updated :