Prospective Career of The Graduate
Mathematics Group (Science)
Character Building Group (Professional practices)
Entrepreneur and Employability Skill
Go To Top
The Computer Science – Software Engineering Program is intended for prospective students who have an interest in the computer field, especially in application development in the form of a desktop, website, and mobile applications. As a provision to participate in this program, prospective students are expected to have studied the basics of mathematics and are able to think logically and systematically.
In facing this Society 5.0 era, the Computer Science – Software Engineering Program is the right choice because students will learn the latest technologies so that they can become graduates who are ready to compete in the industrial world because currently there are many software engineering experts in Indonesia. Graduates from this program can not only work in companies but are also prepared to become entrepreneurs who are able to take advantage of technology in the field of business they run.
The Computer Science – Software Engineering Program was established in September 2022, under BINUS UNIVERSITY. It became one of the programs under the coordination of the School of Computer Science.
A world class study program by providing excellent educational experiences in Computer Science, which focuses on developing creative technology solutions, fostering and empowering the society in building and serving the nation.
The mission of Computer Science Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Educating students to effectively apply their educational experiences in developing creative solutions in computer science, to solve real-world problems.
- Preparing graduates to develop exemplary soft skills & technical skills required as computer science professionals, leaders, and entrepreneurs in global market.
- Promoting high impact computer science research that contributes to the nation.
- Fostering BINUSIAN as computer science lifelong learners through self-enrichment.
- Empowering BINUSIAN to continuously improve society’s quality of life through knowledge in computer science.
Prospective Career of the Graduates
After finishing the program, the graduate of the Computer Science – Software Engineering Program could follow a career as:
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- IT Project Manager
- DevOps Engineer
- Full-Stack Developer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
The curriculum of the Computer Science – Software Engineering Program has been developed in line with the National Curriculum. Also, the local content has been developed in line with the Computer Science – Software Engineering Curriculum standard of ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), several local and foreign universities, and market trends, so that the graduates of the Computer Science – Software Engineering Program are expected to be able to face competition at both a national and international level.
The objectives of the program are:
- Graduates will become successful professionals in ICT fields;
- Graduates will obtain employment in global companies or become entrepreneurs;
- Graduates will obtain professional certification or continue their study to the postgraduate.
After completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions;
- Able to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of computer science;
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts;
- Able to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles;
- Able to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to computer science;
- Able to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Mathematics Group (Science)
The objective of this group is to provide an understanding of mathematics as one of the principal foundations of computer science. Another objective is to give an understanding of scientific methodology (data collection, hypothesis, research, analysis) in problem-solving.
Character Building Group (Professional Practices)
The objective of this group is to develop the personal strengths of the student and to provide him or her with a professional character, professionalism in their field, management skills, oral and written communication skills, understanding of business ethic, ability to work as a team, and to develop a “Binusian” Character.
The objective of this group is to provide a grounding in Computer Science, especially in Software Engineering through practice as well as applied theory which is required by business both now and in the future. The subjects that are included in this group are programming, introduction to software engineering, software design, code reengineering, software engineering, machine learning, framework layer architecture, software quality assurance, and cloud engineering.
Entrepreneur and Employability Skill (Internship)
The objective of this group of a subject is to prepare students with professional experience, work ethics and to experience the working environment. The students are expected to apply and practice their knowledge in the real working area such as industry, research labs, and also entrepreneur startups. They are also expected to give reports on the result of the subjects.